Monday, June 1, 2009

Powerful Prayer


The group of moms I pray with met this morning at my house for our last group prayer of the season. I've mentioned before how fantastic and devoted these women are, and how precious it is to hear your child's name lifted in prayer from other people.
Today we invited other moms to join us, so we had extra women in our group! I think I would be shy to pray out loud with people I wasn't familiar with (at least, I was the first time); but these moms just prayed out loud! No hesitation, no stumbling of words were heard, they all just cried out! I think it is AMAZING to hear other people pray-- for you, for your children... for our soldiers, and President, and Country. It touches my heart in such an intimate, profound way, that I am often moved to the verge of tears. It is POWERFUL!!! Thank you to the ladies I pray with for a wonderful year, and welcome to those who will be joining us next year.


And speaking of prayer.... A (the moving friend) continues to have a contract on her house! Yea!

My son is in the "angry/evil twin" stage of detoxing. He is quite forgetful, and mooooooody! Pray for all of us, here in this house!

My youngest is especially ready for school to be out. This child can not be still; she has forgotten how to walk (running or hopping everywhere); and my middle may be entering some pre-pre teenage-ness (yes, a made-up word), or something... Or we are all just a little sensitive these days! (:
Prayer is powerful, my friends. I thank God for my family and friends! I will continue to pray for them all, and for all of us! That is what is so powerful, today. The Power of prayer!


2 comments:

  1. I was so glad that you mentioned your school prayer group to us awhile back - a group of us did it this yr at our school and it was amazing. There is something so powerful about hearing others interceding and agreeing in prayer on behalf of your child.

    Praying T is able to detox quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so wonderful!!! I wish I had a prayer group like that. Maybe I will see about joining you ladies in the Fall. I have see the power of prayer and what it can do. Everything will work out as far as the diet goes.

    ReplyDelete

Why Yoga

 Take a deep breath in, purse your lips and slowly let it out… Yoga, by far, has been one of the most beneficial activities that I’ve added ...