Thursday, June 18, 2009

seasons...




So, yesterday was a LOT harder than I anticipated. My friend, 'A' moved away to the land of Twilight. I was trying to be excited and full of happiness, but I found myself getting more and more sad. I tried to hold it together, but cried when she walked out the door. The silver lining, here, of course, is that the emotion of our friendship was very real and visible. The negative part was that I had puffy eyes the rest of the night (and a runny nose), and still this morning. It's OK, though. I know that living in the Lord means NEVER having to say good-bye. Plus, a Seattle trip is in the works for early next year!



I love it that my friendships with other women can mean so much on many different levels. I think of our futures together; like going to their children's weddings and graduations. What is that going to be like? I can't wait to find out -- this is all exciting stuff. Patience can be hard sometimes. I love the verse from the Bible about seasons.. to every time and every place there is a season... I'll pray on this today. I'll pray for patience in waiting and experiencing my future, and knowing that it is OK to both mourn, and rejoice friendships that have to be separated by miles for a time. It is a season of life.






3 comments:

  1. It is so sad when close friends move...this area is tough in that respect! It will be a beautiful thing to visit each other and experience your children's milestones together though!

    Maybe you can fly out there for the premier of "New Moon!" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY cool idea!!! --Thanks, Shanda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delighted to meet you! I just found your site, and needed your words today. Words of encouragement and hope to splash me, right in the midst of what I am walking through. Thanks for writing and letting Him drench me today.

    I'll be back to splash around more.

    Hugs from Costa Rica,
    Sarah Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Why Yoga

 Take a deep breath in, purse your lips and slowly let it out… Yoga, by far, has been one of the most beneficial activities that I’ve added ...