Thursday, June 11, 2009

Finally Thursday


(Just a peaceful picture)


I am so excited. I am going away with my husband tonight, for two nights without children. I'm nervous for the very same reasons. I am a bit of a control freak, I'm afraid. The children will be with my parents (who better than that?), very well cared for, and a bit indulged, I'm sure. I just still get nervous when I'm not the one taking care of them. I know that God has everything in order, and He is in control. I take comfort in knowing that. I still get a little nervous...


I am way excited, though. We are going to our State's annual home school convention. I'm excited because he is coming with me, and thrilled that we can just be there together, just the two of us. For two reasons: 1) to be able to really research next year's curriculum opportunities for our children, and 2) because sometimes, couples need to Ctrl-Alt-Del! One night away, one moment away may be all you need to re-connect. I was moved by Shanda's post on A Teachable Heart blog this week about being convicted to actively pursue our spouses, and to, basically, love them more. She used wonderful analogy and perfect scripture to fully illustrate her points (Go, Shanda! -Love you!). I encourage everyone to visit her blog. She has great wisdom! So, even though we (my husband and I) are at a home school convention, we will be taking advantage of time alone! Yea!


Everyone please continue to pray for 'M' (tough times), 'A' (house/family), 'E' (to get better). I really appreciate prayer, and actively pray throughout the day for the loved ones in my life... it is kind of like a running dialogue/ loop with God (:

1 comment:

  1. Have a wonderful time! I will be praying for your whole family! Safety and fun for your kids, peace of mind for you, that you would get inspired for next school year, and that your marriage would thrive!

    Thank you for mentioning me in your post too! The love goes both ways between us.

    ReplyDelete

Why Yoga

 Take a deep breath in, purse your lips and slowly let it out… Yoga, by far, has been one of the most beneficial activities that I’ve added ...