Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sunday


(A picture that reminds me of fresh starts--from one of 'M's old stomping grounds in Chicago, Fort Sheridan, Illinois)

I am glad it is Sunday. I always feel like Sunday is a fresh start! I'm looking forward to this week because it will be the end of the school year (for a while-- we definitely need a break). The pool hours will change to summer hours, the weather looks decent, and the waiting for an ending will be over... not just the ending of school, but the ending of waiting for a (very hard) farewell. I'm not looking forward to 'A' moving (far, far away), mind you. It's the dreading of the pending goodbye that I want to be over. Endings are usually sad, and this will be no exception! But, beginnings are usually happy, and, I can't wait to visit Seattle -- I'm already looking forward to it, and it will probably not even happen until next Summer -- but, I can't wait. They have found a lovely house to rent, and the contract on their house is still (there, yea!) pending. I will miss one of the bestest, sweetest friends I have ever had (and continue to have just in different time-zones)! So, I'm happy and sad. Trying to put things in the positive: I'm optimistic for the summer, and for my (forever) friend's new adventure... I'm sad to see them move. Endings and beginnings. Bittersweet.

I pray for strength and patience and wisdom over the next several days for us all! My faith is such that I know everything will work out well. Philippians 4:7 (The Message) says, "It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life."

That is what faith is all about. And Proverbs 12:25 (The Message) says, "My help comes from the Lord, who made Heaven and Earth." AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Yoga

 Take a deep breath in, purse your lips and slowly let it out… Yoga, by far, has been one of the most beneficial activities that I’ve added ...