Saturday, June 20, 2009

Saturday

My daughters and I love to dance! We all take ballet, and 'D' taps better than I ever imagined any one in my family could. Ever. I am a ballet-girl, not a tapper. Today, though, was picture day, and we are all spent. Full make-up, costume changes and a little bit of drama are a bit taxing on even the most patient of souls! That being said, we had fun, and next week is recital, and then we will have a break from it all for a few weeks, before summer session starts. I am so proud of my little dancers! Not just my daughters, but all of the little fours/fives/sixes that I teach, as well. Everyone is just so dedicated, and beautiful. I can't believe that I am even capable of teaching little girls to dance at all, let alone that they dance so well! The costumes are fun, also!...and pictures will have to wait because the camera is MIA (missing in action; probably at the studio).


Tomorrow is Father's Day! We are excited about honoring Dad (my husband) and Papa (my dad) by making them brunch in the morning. I'm lucky to live close to my parents, and we try to celebrate all the major holidays, and most "minor" holidays with them. The children love to visit with "Nina" (my mom) and "Papa" all the time! My parents make it very easy for them... not so many rules and regulations (I'm shocked at what my kids get away with! --nothing like when I lived with them!), and lots and lots of love. So, remember to honor all the dads out there, tomorrow!



My favorite attribute of God is that of God, the Father. I find so much comfort in going to the Lord for advice, comfort, and motivation. I am reminded by the verse in Luke, which says," Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these..." (New International Version). I love that I am to come to God like a child, I love the innocence of this verse and the image it creates in my heart. This attribute of God makes it easy for me to come to him in prayer, and in times of need; and in joy and celebration!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Yoga

 Take a deep breath in, purse your lips and slowly let it out… Yoga, by far, has been one of the most beneficial activities that I’ve added ...