Wednesday, June 3, 2009

storms


I'm sorry to all my followers for missing yesterday! (: Wednesday is usually our crazy day (we are just too busy on that day of the week)! However, yesterday turned in to one of those run-around type of days. At the end of the day we had these HUGE storms. One right after the other. I actually stumbled out of bed to the computer to find out if a tornado was on the way. Computer screens are REALLY bright at two in the morning! So, craziness mixed with thunderstorms does not make for a peaceful start to our normally, crazy Wednesdays. (Deep sigh). Here is the kind of funny thing: my son is still asleep under my daughter's bed. I can't get him out. I think he is so strung out on detoxing from wheat, and being up a lot during the night that he may be there for a while. I am trying to have flexibility of thought and not worry about it too much, but, of course, I'm worrying. And... as I am worrying, up he gets! Alive and well!
I love the song by Casting Crowns: "I will praise You in this storm". As scary as storms can be, and as crazy as life gets, just like a storm, God is always there for us. He never leaves. I love this characteristic of our Lord. The song is wonderful! As I worry about being too busy, about children being stuck under the bed, about tornadoes, I KNOW the Lord is with me. He wants us to praise him, as well. It can be hard while we are down, but he wants us to lean on HIM. I need to remind myself (quite often, lately) of this! I need to remain consistent! Consistency is hard, as well!
Everyone have a beautiful day! and Pray!

1 comment:

  1. We ended up turning the clock radio on in the middle of the night to see if there were warnings - SO LOUD!! Crazy storms.

    I love that song too. We do need to be praising during the storms - it is so much better when we do.

    ReplyDelete

Why Yoga

 Take a deep breath in, purse your lips and slowly let it out… Yoga, by far, has been one of the most beneficial activities that I’ve added ...