Saturday, June 27, 2009

updates!!!


OOOOHHHH so sorry I haven't updated all week!! Ready for the excuses?
1. It was recital week. It was our studio's first recital. I'm a teacher as well as taking classes, and both daughters dance. There were extra rehearsals, regular classes... PLUS dress rehearsal (full make-up, costumes, etc.), and finally, the performance. We all did great! I think anyone who can get up the nerve to perform in front of an audience should get credit! I didn't nail all of my turns, and missed two fouette turn/jumps, but it's OK. The saying that a bad dress rehearsal makes for a great performance was true, though. I did better today, than yesterday. Both of my girls said they felt great about dressing up and performing. My sweet, little ballet class did great, as well... they even remembered their rond de jambes!

D and K pose for the camera, in their beautiful costumes! It's so fun to dress up! They are little princesses (and divas --but not too much)!




2. My Sister-in-law, 'K' visited with her sweet children, 'A' and 'E'. My niece is 7 years old, and best buds with 'D', my daughter, the 8 year old. I love hearing their giggles. My nephew is 2... very 2! He is talking and smiling and running... and he is potty-training soooo well, and eagerly (I only had one eager potty-trainer). My three kids, and her two kids are like the five musketeers. Aside from predictable, cranky (getting up too early, staying up too late) outbursts, we had a fun and enjoyable visit.


So, those are my big excuses, and that is where I've been. When family visits from out of town, other things get put on hold, briefly, like vacuuming, writing, mopping, writing, calling friends (that I do miss very much!)and... blogging. I did love to visit and talk with 'K'. It is refreshing to hear that we have some of the same struggles with parenting, house-keeping, working, teaching, and learning. I suspect that we will only continue to grow closer as we grow older. It is great to know that our children, cousins, are becoming great friends.

Still other news...
My cousin, E (lives in Florida, has one sweet, sweet baby and is pregnant with her second), is reading my blogs! Yea! I love to find out that someone is interested! She forwarded me the neatest e-mail about life and God... very cool. It is full of wisdom. Basically, when we (as humans) utter very human things, like "I can't do it", God says, "you can", and the e-mail provides appropriate scripture responses. One of my favorite responses is Philippians 4:13, "I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me." -- One of the best verses in the Bible. Ever! There were some other good ones in the e-mail, but that was my favorite... along with us saying (us, humans), "I am afraid," and God answers, "I did not give you a spirit of fear."
Ohhhh... Very cool! I struggle with this one, so this is what I will end with, and pray on. BE NOT AFRAID... we can do all things through Christ, and God did not give us a spirit of fear! AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Yoga

 Take a deep breath in, purse your lips and slowly let it out… Yoga, by far, has been one of the most beneficial activities that I’ve added ...