Wednesday, June 10, 2009












(Ooohhhh... missed a day of writing..)
Yesterday was an exciting, but crazy type of day. The first event was my friend's husband's graduation from Sergeants school. I have lived in and around the military to know that any graduation is a good thing, and that the ceremony would be formal. I wasn't surprised, there, but I was pleasantly surprised about it being so inspiring. My son actually listened to all the words, and "ohh" and "ahhd" a few times. The invocation was direct and to the point, and the address was about leadership and responsibility. Very nice! There is also something very heartwarming, and safe feeling to see about 80 Marines graduate from a school that teaches leadership and responsibility; and that they all looked like it was taken very seriously. Congrats to 'T' and family for finishing a hard six weeks. and THANKS fro all your hard work and devotion to our Country. This family REALLY appreciates you!




We had to get up earlier than usual for that event, so we had quiet time in the afternoon. We found and planted these really cool petunias that are red and white together. They remind me of my great-grandmother from Florida. She always let us (my brother and I) pick one out of her garden . My grass won't grow, but I am adamant about having some flowers! They are just so cheerful!



Next was dance, and more dance. I should write storms, and more storms. It is pretty amazing that we log on to Weather.com to find out the tornado/severe weather report for the afternoon. Yesterday, it was supposed to rain all day- but it was beautiful (looking- actually, it was pretty humid). At 5:30 the clouds came in, and at 5:45 we were it the throws of heading toward the basement. We were home for dinner between classes, and the wind was doing the swirl around thing. No tornado, but very severe thunderstorms hung out in our area for a good 2 hours. It has been like this for several weeks!

On another note, I got some very cool books in the mail! We. Love. Books. It is becoming a recreational addiction at out house. I love books-- totally an addiction! The problem with them, is that I acquire these items, and then refuse to get rid of them. Love-love-love books! (Now, that is just a picture from fotoshare, but I'm afraid I'm headed in that direction). So, I found The Tale of Jeremy Vole for my daughter. On Amazon it was, like, $60-$80. I got it for $8 on half.com. yea!!! I guess it is out of print, and hard to come by. It is just a paperback book. It's a cute story about riverfront animals. Very sweet. Did I mention I love books?
My prayer news: One of my bestest friends has been sick for two weeks. she is finally on some medication to clear up and infection. Pray she feels better! and... Thank you for continuing to pray for 'A' and moving. My friend, 'M,' is still dealing with some tough stuff, as well. My mom had an interview last week, so she, too, could use some prayers. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Yoga

 Take a deep breath in, purse your lips and slowly let it out… Yoga, by far, has been one of the most beneficial activities that I’ve added ...