Friday, May 22, 2009

OUT OF TOWN

Picture substitute of the beautiful middle child!

I had the best idea: I was going to post pictures of my trip up to this BEAUTIFUL place in the Blue Ridge Mountains and post the pictures to my blog page. Unfortunately, I have an old computer, and an older camera, and forgot a USB port, so I can't transfer the pictures from camera to computer. Bummer, huh? Well, I think so, too. So I'll post them when I get back home. In the meantime, enjoy my post (:

The son, detoxing, apparently, from gluten, peanuts and chocolate is doing well. He is VERY floppy. And really silly. He is also very ticky or stimmy -- we say that in our autistic world. He is flapping and picking and pacing. He has low tone in the morning, and is under-sensitive. We have to put off fire crackers to get him out of bed sometimes (not really, don't call CPS). He gets more sensitive as the day progresses. But yesterday was just really floppy. Today, too.

"Are you hot, shall I take your sweatshirt off?" --Me, speaking, it's 88 degrees out.

He stares for a full 20 seconds before answering. "I don't know... I don't know how I feel. I'm going to spray paint A's (The one hopefully selling her house still, even though I don't want her to go, and moving) house. "

"ExxxCUSE me?!!!!"

"Well, then she won't be able to move. She can't sell her house if it has graffiti on it."

"No. Absolutely. Not. That is vandalism. Vandalism is bad."

My son is so intuitive sometimes, and the timing is perfect. I'm thinking about making him read that book called The Rules. It's about a sister who gives her autistic brother rules to follow. OOPS... He IS reading it now. I got it from the library and he hadn't touched it until this moment. Interesting, isn't it? We won't know until after the holiday if the house is still selling or not. Keep praying. please.

My middle child, D, 8 going on 16 was soooo helpful getting us ready to go out of town today. It strikes me that she is so sweet and helpful while surrounded by the chaos of May. Surrounded by siblings that are challenging. Surrounded by parents that are challenging, too. My beautiful girl always rises to the occasion and I praise God for the privilege of raising her. I really hope I don't let anyone down!

It's so nice to be on Vacation. I don't have to clean or dust or vacuum (I'm a bit obsessed with these things at home. Especially now that we KNOW there are allergies. It could be worse, right?), and I don't feel like I always have something to do. Nice, isn't it? I think so. Even though I'm not really on vacation... I get to rest from the daily stuff. I'm going to enjoy just being. I'm going to enjoy the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Yoga

 Take a deep breath in, purse your lips and slowly let it out… Yoga, by far, has been one of the most beneficial activities that I’ve added ...