Sunday, May 24, 2009

Background Noise


I am sleepy. I'm awake (at 6:15) with K, the five year old, and my dad, who naturally wakes up around 4-5 am every day. Even on the weekends, when he can sleep in he doesn't. Well, my daughter just loves to be the only on up with him. I'm not sleeping so well, for probably many reasons, but one I know for sure: I miss my fan. I forgot a noise maker. I have gotten so used to white noise to go to sleep, that when it is absent, I can't sleep without it. The background is so important!!!

I am actually trying to draw a parallel, here. What goes on in the background of our lives is so important to make us comfortable, to make us reasonable! If we don't get enough sleep, we are crabby. If we don't get enough attention, we feel unvalidated. If we have been brought up with negativity in our lives, we tend to be negative, or even feel unloved. I know for me, when I don't have enough time to pray or go to church, I feel edgy, frantic, and without peace. I really desire and need HIS peace. I'm always praying for peace. For contentment is that feeling that makes everything better.

It is beautiful up here in the mountains. I went for a very long, challenging hike yesterday with JUST my husband. It was so fun, and important for us to be together. We got to talk... communicate. Fun, sweet and challenging.

T continues to do well. He is hitting his anger phase of loss. That being said, it could be a lot worse. I'll take floppy behavior. I'll take some slight anger. It's the aggressive mean-ness I'm hoping to avoid. He is missing his food! He wants chocolate (most of us know what it is like to want that and not be able to have it). He is, however, hanging in there!

Everyone is having fun with the cousins. The five of them love to be together. They are all so fun and cute, if not a little loud sometimes. It is humbling to see my children, and my brother's children, together. They all look a little alike!

It's hopefully going to be a pool day, today. We will get some sun between thunderstorms, it seems. Isn't that the story of our lives?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Yoga

 Take a deep breath in, purse your lips and slowly let it out… Yoga, by far, has been one of the most beneficial activities that I’ve added ...