Thursday, May 21, 2009


"Do you remember what Daddy is Wearing?" -- I am walking with the five year old. She is adorable (it makes it easier that she is sooooo cute). We have lost my husband and the 8 year old while shopping at Wal-mart. I turned to pick up a movie I thought he would like, turned around, and they were gone. This is supposed to happen with children, not husbands. So there we were, the five year old and I, hand in hand, searching through aisles in Wal-mart.

"He is wearing a blue shirt, and blue pants. And he has short, spiky hair."

I smile now, even though we are both on the verge of tears. She is scared he has left us, and I am angry that he has disappeared. She is worried- in her sweet five year old way, and I am trying not to lose it (with the situation, and her drama). Right at the breaking point (of frustration), I get the break. AndI smile. Isn't that what we all hope for? A break and a smile! Preferably with Godiva Chocolate. Truffles are my favorite.

So, we find him and the middle child. They have wandered over to toys, and, of course, they are both having fun. My drama child starts running toward him and in his "playfulness" he runs away. MELTDOWN. The five year old is not the autistic child, by the way... OK, so now I am deep breathing -because I am angry, and heartbroken that feelings are getting hurt.

What do I do?

I think Men really may be from Mars, sometimes (that is meant to be funny -- I know they come from God... but wait, God created everything, so Maybe it was Mars day when He got the inspiration for men). However, what I want to write about is perspective. I lacked my husband's perspective (angry that I first walked away from him), he lacked my perspective (I was doing something for him), and the grown-ups lacked the kids' perspective (5 year old wants a bike, and 9 year old wants to just go home).

Perspective is hard stuff. As I get frustrated (lately with ,about, everything), I realize I need perspective. As I pray for my friends and family, I find myself trying to feel their feelings. At the end of the day, it isn't so very hard, in prayer, to put myself in others shoes... it is just during the day-- with everything going on that I get anxious. We all could use perspective! All the time! I pray for more of it for myself. I also pray for more of it for all the women in my life whom are mothers and wives. Did I mention that I think this is HARD stuff?!

Continue to pray for my maybe-moving-to-live-near-the-vampires- friend (I should really mention that I like, totally, LIKE the Twilight books). She is really struggling. Thanks, Mom, for the continued support. (Check out her blog). Thanks, Shanda, for being my first follower!! So exciting! So encouraging!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Yoga

 Take a deep breath in, purse your lips and slowly let it out… Yoga, by far, has been one of the most beneficial activities that I’ve added ...