Monday, May 25, 2009

Ahhhh -my own bed!


So... Even though it was a nice weekend away, it is so good to be home. There is just something so comforting about being home. I love being home. I remember wanting to always be on the go as a younger person, and especially as a child, but now I am quite content to just be at home.


The weekend was good. That being said, it is sometimes hard to have eleven people (five of them under 12 years of age) in a small space. I believe that vacationing with family is an exercise in getting along with one another. While one may be trying to help another person, and intentions are good, the perception of what is communicated might be misconstrued. Apologies can be made, and feelings may be bruised, but it is the love that remains the same. After all, family is what God gives us, love is how we understand that. I am constantly afraid I am offending someone, so, I am sorry if I did. Remember my post on perception? Nothing negative is ever intended.


My friend, A, has another contract on her house. Pray for her and her family, and the house, and the contract.


T continues to detox from wheat, chocolate, and tree nuts. He has broken out in hives-- I'm wondering if it is a delayed reaction to the allergy testing, or toxins leaving the body. He is so funny! "I'm detoxing, people!" --He says it at least twice a day. The girls are well. They are coming off a sugar high from the weekend. They LOVE hanging out with their cousins, and are having post traumatic stress this morning as the get back into the school routine.


Did I say my husband was back in school, too? He is taking just one class for the summer session: Nutrition! Timely, yes? God works in mysterious ways, my friends. Praise to Him! and... good thoughts and prayers for my husband who will be gleaning all sorts of info about nutrition (and food allergies)!
So, there are my updates for the day! I will continue to figure out how to get my mountain pictures up and viewable... it is a cognitive problem, I'm sure!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Yoga

 Take a deep breath in, purse your lips and slowly let it out… Yoga, by far, has been one of the most beneficial activities that I’ve added ...