Thursday, May 28, 2009


It's a good evening. No one is having any meltdowns, the kids are cooperating, and playing nicely. In fact, I'm not even allowed in my basement (their playroom) right now...- they are "rehearsing". I "can't be down here (there) right now". Cool... twist my arm. I'll just be upstairs and I'll work on my chores (and write). It is amazing HOW FAST things can be done when there are no interruptions...


Hmmmmmm...



Interruptions can be good. Philosophically, we are supposed to slow down and "smell the roses". I love the scripture, "Be still and know that I am God". I am hardly EVER still anymore, though. There is always something being needed to be done! However, being still is sooooooo important. Perhaps I'll start trying it! (: I think it's hard for moms to be still. Very hard. Just thinking about it makes me anxious! I'm thinking of all those home improvement projects, books to read, floors to vacuum, lessons to plan, teaching to do, learning to do.... it goes on and on and on. But still. - Be still. I'll try. I'll let you know how it goes.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Yoga

 Take a deep breath in, purse your lips and slowly let it out… Yoga, by far, has been one of the most beneficial activities that I’ve added ...