Monday, May 18, 2009

I am Tired


Today has been a great day! It has also been emotional and filled with lots and lots of prayer.


I pray most Mondays with a group of ladies. We pray for our children in our schools, and the schools. The group is part of Moms in Touch International and our goal is to cover all schools in prayer across the world! Overwhelming, yes. A privilege? Definitely! There is something very intimate and loving to hear your child prayed for by another mom! My son, twelve, and autistic, struggles with appropriateness. These moms continue to pray diligently for him and my daughters who struggle with their own issues (anxiety, impulsive reactions-- the list goes on). It is just very wonderful to pray in a group --if you haven't tried it, I totally recommend it!


Anyway-- appropriateness. I think we all struggle with this at times, and I believe we all have room for improvement! My son echos phrases out of context, but it strikes me at the end of the day that I am glad he is talking. He didn't (talk) for a while (3 years old). Also, he says the funniest things... and they are usually true. Instead of being embarrassed (sometimes), or angry (many times), I need to just listen.


"No offense, Mom, but just walk away if you don't like it... That is what you tell me to do"


"Is Dad really happy with work? He tells me work is fine, but then I hear him tell you he doesn't like it because people ruin themselves all their lives, and then expect him to fix them. What is the truth?"


"What!? You don't like groundhogs? You are evil!"


"Is Patrick just stupid?! (SpongeBob's Patrick)


"Is Mr. Bean autistic? He acts like me." (Mr. Bean's Adventure)


I need to just write these things down... so that is what I'll do.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Yoga

 Take a deep breath in, purse your lips and slowly let it out… Yoga, by far, has been one of the most beneficial activities that I’ve added ...