Saturday, May 30, 2009

Groundhogs


My son is stuck on groundhogs. Just like Band-aid brand band-aids are stuck on me (not all the time). He love-love-loves them. The coolest animals in the world, are, apparently, groundhogs! When he was three the animal was the oyster, at four it was the armadillo, then came the ostrich... and now groundhogs. Do you notice a trend? Can you go to the store and get a stuffed groundhog any day of the week? How about armadillos? My point is that he picks the most OBSCURE animals to love. (sigh). ..So, we saw a real-live groundhog baby today at my neighbors house, at her son's birthday party- a spy party, at that!


"It's the best day of my life!", he says with a warm sigh."groundhogs, spy parties, my best friend..."


Sweet, isn't it? I certainly think so. In the grand scheme of things it was a great day. It hasn't ended so well. K, the youngest, fell and needed stuck-on-me Band-aids, the door got left open with air conditioning running one too many times; differences of opinions, sugar-high crashes, and medication wearing off too quickly all contributed to a very hectic evening. I'm left trying to find all the silver lining that is left behind. It's a good thing I love my family so freaking much, because that is the only thing left behind, tonight... or is it?


It is the end of the day that makes me breathe, and reflect. Even Till the End of Time is a reference to Jesus being with us always. Always is powerful, as is HE who is there for us, always. I need to go reflect, meditate, pray and THANK God for all I have. It is lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Yoga

 Take a deep breath in, purse your lips and slowly let it out… Yoga, by far, has been one of the most beneficial activities that I’ve added ...