Sunday, May 17, 2009

Day Number Two


So far, so good. My husband surprised us (the kids and I) with, "Let's go out to breakfast!"

Awesome! (just let me put some concealer on) I love, love, love breakfast... and love not cooking even more. So, we went to a local restaurant, The County Fare. Unknown to me, our local eatery owner was featured on TV as a small business owner struggling during these hard economic times. Apparently, the press helped, because for the first time ever, there was a wait to be seated! He displays a banner on his restaurant that says, "Eat here or we both will starve".


Once again, I'm reminded how blessed I am. We (our family) had extra money to go out to eat, to support a local businessman, to spend time together. There were three other families at the restaurant that we knew (all children from my youngest child's kindergarten class and their parents)!


On top of all of our struggles, we can still praise God for our small blessings. My oldest child has an autism spectrum disorder, and it is visible on him because he flaps and has other motor tics. My youngest is hyper. We haven't go an official diagnosis, but she is the type that shouts, and despite various parenting techniques; she just can't sit. Ever. Our middle child, "typical" as she is struggles with anxiety. Who knew it would be so hard? Just sitting at that restaurant you can see a child hopping around, a child flapping, and two parents, and another sibling just enjoying a Sunday morning together. From the outside, I'm sure it looks... well... interesting, and it is, but we are weaved together so perfectly by Him that I can't help but be thankful. For it all. Even in the storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Yoga

 Take a deep breath in, purse your lips and slowly let it out… Yoga, by far, has been one of the most beneficial activities that I’ve added ...