Saturday, January 22, 2011

If you haven't quit, you haven't failed!



 I heard this quote somewhere this week, and I can't remember where, but it stuck with me.  I think it will be one of my new favorite sayings!

January usually feels like a slow moving month, but this year it is flying by!  I guess because everyone has been so busy, weekend travels, snow days... they all contribute to time speeding on by.  I can't believe that the month is almost over.  And when this month is over I will be 40.  It's just too weird!


Fairy House?


So, we did five days of school work in three days this week.  Monday was an official day off, and on Tuesday the public schools were out so our half-hearted attempt at a school day was pretty much shot.  We read, though, and did some history.  My big shock of the week is that I remembered how to find the surface area of a prism... no, really, it's a SHOCK that I remembered that!  We hiked on Government Island (hence, the pictures) on the one sunny, warm (45-50 degrees) day of the week with some friends that also home school.  Tommy got super dirty trying to find an arrowhead (he was really determined...), and Katie got to visit with some horses.

Mark has been out of town in sunny Phoenix and is coming home to a high of 36 degrees today (which probably will just not feel good).  He and I were talking about how we are just tired of being cold... I don't know about him, but I'm wondering when I became so wimpy?  Anyway, we are super excited to have dad back in town- hopefully everyone will move out of the campground that has become my floor and stay in their own rooms (it's just a hard rule to enforce when he is out of town)...



I'm praying for marriages this week, and all relationships.  Love will always find a way!  Also, I know people are traveling so I'm praying for safety and diligence of TSA and Homeland Security folks!!!  And also I have some friends in pain (literally).  Please, feel God's loving arms around you, and know that I am praying for recovery and comfort!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Yoga

 Take a deep breath in, purse your lips and slowly let it out… Yoga, by far, has been one of the most beneficial activities that I’ve added ...