Saturday, February 5, 2011

wonderful


While I imagined a very quiet, non-dramatic type of birthday (why should I make a big deal out of forty?), my friends and family had better ideas. 



My friend, Lori,  from the dance studio managed to organize a ladies night out for me with only three days at her disposal. OK... it wasn't just for me, but a birthday is a great excuse to get out of the house and have some fun!  Remarkable indeed, that even with only three days notice, nine people came out to celebrate a night out without children and husbands and pets... and they brought presents... all wrapped in pink, fabulous wrappings, or cute fabulous bags, or in something sparkly!!!  I feel loved, and blessed, and reminded that there is happiness all around.  Thank you to all the birthday wishes, my friends!!



My children cooked me brownies for breakfast.  Let me tell you, warm gooey brownies are just right first thing in the morning (probably not a great habit to get in to, but fun every once in a while!).  Danielle wrote a birthday poem.  Tommy did a sword dance demonstration, and Danielle and Katie performed a sword dance duet.  I also had a home made streamer/ banner.  Love, Love, Love!!!

My parents took me out to dinner!  We had very yummy Ruby Tuesdays meals.  It's always nice to go out to eat... and even nicer this year was that my birthday did not fall on Superbowl Weekend.  This was a trend for most of my twenties, and some of my thirties.


I came home to my house - "ballooned"... Festive, fun balloons in my yard, on my porch, on my light...  laughing and giggling, and smiling the whole time... Thanks to the anonymous person who did that!!!  I have my suspicions...

I am truly overwhelmed with happiness.  Words can't even express how appreciated and loved I feel.  It's like the voice of God reminding me... "You are loved, You are loved"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Yoga

 Take a deep breath in, purse your lips and slowly let it out… Yoga, by far, has been one of the most beneficial activities that I’ve added ...