Friday, October 16, 2009

Good stuff

'T' still likes swords, and is an official "collector".


'D' is wearing an apron from my best friend 'A' ( lucky in the land of Twilight).

First of all -- many thanks and praise to our Lord and creator! So many wonderful things are happening this fall: my cousin is about to have her second baby (a sweet baby girl), my husband got an unexpected promotion, so far we don't have swine flu, and school is underway, and the children seem to actually be learning. My son thinks that Pharoh should have been sued for taking Sarai as a wife, 'K' is actually starting to finally "click" with reading, and 'D' is off and running, and really can write in cursive when she tries to. It has been a good week, even though we all feel "under the weather" (literally - it's been raining for three days)... but it isn't swine flu!

I am praying today for one of my bestest friends. It is the anniversary of her father's passing. This man's life is remembered and celebrated. He and his family are just awesome. He is missed and loved! I pray that his entire family have comfort from the Lord today. She and her husband get to travel next week, so prayers are also appreciated for them - to have fun and be safe!

We are crazy busy with dance, as well. The Nutcracker production is under way. Rehearsals have started. It is fun, but busy. The rest of the fall season will fly by, I'm sure!

I'm trying to memorize Proverbs with my youngest. This week's message is "Pleasant Words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." Proverbs 16:24. How true this bit of wisdom is. We all respond better to praise than rebuke. I'm trying to practice this in spite of three crazy kids and a busy house and schedule! It really is good advice!!!


All tired out at the end of the day!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Yoga

 Take a deep breath in, purse your lips and slowly let it out… Yoga, by far, has been one of the most beneficial activities that I’ve added ...