Friday, October 9, 2009

Pumpkins, Princess, Sugar-plum


We went to an amazing open house hosted by the Washington Ballet a few weekends ago. I was brave enough to drive to DC with my kids, by myself AND parallel park on Wisconsin Avenue (perfectly on the first try!). It was crazy, and fun, and inspiring. Ballet dancers can do amazing things with their bodies! So, we got a very cool picture with the Sugarplum Fairy. Have I mentioned that I love ballet?



Today was beautiful! We spent all day outside at the pumpkin patch. Belvedere Plantation isn't too far from the house, so we go every year. It was a good time. There are even real bathrooms this year (no more out-houses! Yea!). They have less animals ('T' was bummed), better push-peddle cars (a real race track), and more to play on (very dirty children). We got to hang out with our friends (and great neighbors), the husbands got to chat, and the kids ran around all morning. Plus, the pumpkins are awesome!

Last weekend the girls went to a princess - pirate breakfast at our church. They had a great time and got to have cup-cakes for breakfast. What fun! I love that this church offers these fantastic opportunities for children to play and learn about our Lord and Savior. The band on Sunday night is great, too. It may sound weird, but the band (at church) is great! I grew up in a more conservative (Lutheran) church, so it is a little new to me to let loose with contemporary music, but I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Yoga

 Take a deep breath in, purse your lips and slowly let it out… Yoga, by far, has been one of the most beneficial activities that I’ve added ...