Tuesday, October 27, 2009

forward motion



My goodness!! It is rainy, and bleary outside. I find it harder, as I get older, to be cheerful inside when it is so gray outside. I've always known that some members of my family have seasonal affective disorder, but I've never characterized myself as being one of them! We need to see some sunshine, here in Virginia. We haven't had a full day (of sun) since I-don't-know-since-when!
We also stayed in our pajamas most of the day, which probably doesn't help with the mood. I really have just wanted to go back to bed for most of the day. I guess we all have days like that, right? We did get a lot of things done in home-school, though. We got through Jacob's twelve sons, and facing his twin brother again. We did prime and composite numbers, addition by eights, lots of language arts, and some writing, too.

Kid updates:

Katie remains very fidgety! She read a lot, today, though! She is even sounding out words without looking at pictures, first. I've been really focused on this, lately, with her.

Tommy totally was in a "bring it on" type of mood today. He was really dedicated with his work, but also very edgy. He ate lots of pizza (non-gluten-free) on Friday, though, so I think he is crashing off of the gluten-high.

Danielle was distracted today, too. I think the weather and Katie bouncing continuously at her seat may have contributed to that! She is working so hard, though!

And the husband:
The husband got an unexpected promotion. He has been phasing into a new role at work, so even he has been somewhat distracted. (I'm telling you, it is the non-sunny weather!)

So:
Despite all of our distractions, we are all moving forward. I'm thinking that is better than falling back. It is refreshing, actually, to have good news lately!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Yoga

 Take a deep breath in, purse your lips and slowly let it out… Yoga, by far, has been one of the most beneficial activities that I’ve added ...