Monday, September 26, 2011

keep calm and carry on



It seems like the past few weeks I've been just swamped.  I guess I have, even quite literally (it is raining here so much, I feel like we should just re-name the town Forks, Virginia).  We are now the proud people of Forks, Virginia... we have hurricanes and floods, and now we can even boast that we have landslides and earthquakes.  It is actually slightly humorous. Who knew?  We have all the natural disasters here... except tsunamis... I guess we don't have to worry about those... I'm OK with that.


But, anyway... I have been busy getting back into a routine and taking care of all those annual doctors appointments and exams.  Everything seems to be stable here, on that front.

 I've been quite anxious, though.  New things are hard.  I think that's, like, the theme of my blog, really.  Change.  Change is inevitable.  Change is hard.  Change is even good.  Sometimes I like change, and embrace it.  Sometimes I hate change... and embrace it anyway, because that is just what I have to do.  I can't always fight it, and it's no good, really, to always stay the same.

Deuteronomy 31:8 The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.  Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.

That is our reminder for the day... as easy as it may be to forget that God is ALWAYS with us, we may be comforted that he will NEVER leave us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Yoga

 Take a deep breath in, purse your lips and slowly let it out… Yoga, by far, has been one of the most beneficial activities that I’ve added ...