Tuesday, July 5, 2011

summer...

My, oh, my... it's been almost a whole month since I last posted.  I'm sorry about that.  Even my closest friends have mentioned to me, "well... it's been a while, you know, since your last post..."

Too true!

Summer is officially here and we are trying to make the most of it. 


The kids and I went trekking sown to Jacksonville to visit sweet, wise G-ma.  I always enjoy spending time with her, and I love that my children get to know her.  I remember my great grandma (G-ma's mom), we called her Gammy Grandma.  I remember that she always had pretty flowers growing in her yard and she always had candy in a crystal dish on an occasional table and she always had lipstick on.  I remember her husband, Grampa Russell.   He was hard to understand... and he was very hard of hearing.  I don't remember them for very long, though.  My memories of them are from memories of me being very young.  I hope my kids get to remember G-ma for very, very long.  And I guess that is kind of selfish on my part, and I know G-ma is tired, but every time I bid her farewell when I have to return home, I always pray that I get to have one more good bye.  One more story.  One more hug and kiss. Just one more, please.


We also got to spend time with my brother and his family.  The cousins love, love, love each other... and the Asheville zoo is pretty cool!  Well, it was actually pretty hot, but you know what I mean...


We've been swimming, too, and to Kings Dominion (which is way fun, even though we don't do too many roller coasters).  We totally hung out at the beach while in Jacksonville.  We even braved a few smokey days because of the Georgia fires. 

Mark and I got to go on a long motorcycle ride on Sunday.  It turned into a very long, very scary ride, though, because of a typical-comes-out-of-nowhere massive storm.  We literally made it to the chapel just in time to huddle under a porch for an hour while the storm passed.  God really must have wanted Mark in church on Sunday!  I got to tease him a little about that...

And we've been trying to get lots of rest... because we really do need it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Yoga

 Take a deep breath in, purse your lips and slowly let it out… Yoga, by far, has been one of the most beneficial activities that I’ve added ...