Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Halloween Greetings!!



We really enjoy Halloween as a celebration of Autumn and it gives us an easy excuse to dress up and be crazy for a bit.  We like the candy, too.  In the short-term, the candy is great, anyway, long-term may be not so good (think hyperactive children and expanding waistlines)... It's hard to resist a Reese's peanut-butter cup, or a Three Musketeers, or a Twizzler, or a ... well, you get the point.  We don't eat candy very often, and never without a good (or lame) excuse!



So I had a great, long (rare) conversation with one of my bestest friends last night.  The demands of home keeping and child raising deter our longer talks, usually, but last night was a gem.  It is incredibly awesome to be able to bare my soul, and not apologize for it, to another human.  I appreciate the blessing of her in my life and Praise God for the gift he has given me.  We share the challenge of raising children with special needs, so having each other's support and encouragement is especially beautiful... even when the situations and challenges we are facing are not so beautiful. So... God gives us what we need.  There is a purpose in everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Yoga

 Take a deep breath in, purse your lips and slowly let it out… Yoga, by far, has been one of the most beneficial activities that I’ve added ...