Monday, October 25, 2010

sugar highs and lows

It's a week before Halloween, and we have one party down, one to go, and still trick or treating on the 31st... The sugar silliness and crankiness has began.  It is such a fun holiday, but my goodness... chocolate and sugar lend their way to crabbiness.   Oh well - I am guessing that I behaved similarly as a child.  And I can't deny that I like a good evening of chocolate and candy (and I am completely cranky the next day). So, the cycle continues.


a lovely ladybug, and a funky bunny



he's a dragon
 yes, he is under a table
(too much stimulation)
 I am struggling a bit emotionally right now because of various situations going on around me.  While I have many, many blessings (too many to count, really!), being human with human needs and desires and confusions tend to feed my anxious nature.  It hurts my heart to see loved ones struggle with their own demons and hurt those closest to them in the process of their struggles.  I hate to hear about friends discovering that they have cancer or arthritis or chronic fatigue syndrome.  I feel helpless when good friends (best friends) lose their parents unexpectedly, and then other friends have to watch their parents demise slowly by diseases like Alzheimer's.  I'm even bothered that children (my children) can't seem behave rationally toward each other, and just get along (really? We are on the same team... it might be the candy, though).  My friend reminds me that this a world full of sinners, and that only by the grace of God are we able to forgive others, and continue to live well with a heart for Jesus.  It's a hard path to follow, though, I tell you!

So. Pray with me, please.  Pray for hope and generosity.  Pray for clarity and wisdom.  Pray for relationships and families and our children.  Pray for healing and charity.  And, of course, pray for a safe and happy Halloween weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Yoga

 Take a deep breath in, purse your lips and slowly let it out… Yoga, by far, has been one of the most beneficial activities that I’ve added ...