Sunday, July 1, 2012

summertime!

http://peggyapl.blogspot.com/2012/02/crown-of-life.html


Welcome to JULY!!!  And it is so HOT!!!

Northern Virginia had a land hurricane this weekend (I have never in my life heard of such a thing, but now that I know what it is, I think this is the second one we've been through).

I am so awed at how many people were without power graciously!  Several of my friends were on Facebook immediately helping, offering to help, or passing along information to help people out.  Lots of kudos to Dominion Power and all the cable/internet/phone people working hard to get power restored.  Also, good job to the authorities for offering schools as emergency cooling centers.

God is GOOD!!

We were actually at Kingsfest at Kings Dominion. We got hit, too, but not as badly as NoVa.  The power never went out for us, and no one was hurt due to the violent storms Friday and Saturday nights.  The festival was awesome despite 120 (I'm not thinking that I'm even exaggerating) degree heat.  I have never been that hot in my life. Ever.

 So... we got to see Casting Crowns, Royal Tailor, Owl City, Kutless, Skillet, and Tobymac.






These artists (and their crews) were AWESOME!!!!! Every show was full of energy and wonderful music.  Tommy is now enjoying a crush on Jen (the awesome drummer) from Skillet.  Danielle said she was SO inspired and uplifted.  Katie had a minor panic attack due to Skillet's pyrotechnics, but otherwise enjoyed herself.  Mark and I had so much fun! Concerts are always great- but experiencing music with a message is just so cool.

Since school has been out we've had recital, which went well.  It was different for me to just be a parent at the show, and to not have to do crazy backstage dressing changes or hair changes or me changes.  It wasn't bad, or good, just different.  The girls danced beautifully.  I am thankful for our new dance home and the director and teachers there are awesome and all about the students. I am thankful for Kristi and Donna (my she-warriors! my best, loyal friends that God brought together for HIS purpose), who also moved to the new studio. Change is hard, sometimes, but again, God has His plan and His timing, and it is perfect.


Also, once again, I had to be the one saying good bye to best friends leaving Virginia.  I hate goodbyes, but I will never hate them more than how much I love the people God puts in my life.  It's hard to be the person not relocating.  It weighs heavily upon me sometimes.  I can't not love these people, though.  Everything has a season and a purpose.  And now I have friends that will be living 5 minutes from the ocean in NC.  How cool is that?

Prayer people: one of my best friend's father-in-law is seriously ill.  Please pray for him.  Also, for all of us moms with summertime kids full time, some of these have children who have special needs, pray for them (me included), that all will go rather smoothly.  It is so hard for some of these children to be out of their school routine. It is especially exhausting for their parents. Prayers and hugs for them.  I'm also moved to mention marriages (again)... they take a lot of work.  There are many, many friends struggling.  God wants us to stay married.  It is a blessing when both sides of a marriage realize that and commit to working on staying together, but it doesn't become easy. Ever.  Prayers for all of us fighting the good fight, for those with broken hearts, for the ones who don't want to try anymore, and for the ones trying without reciprocating effort... prayers of peace and wisdom and comfort. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Yoga

 Take a deep breath in, purse your lips and slowly let it out… Yoga, by far, has been one of the most beneficial activities that I’ve added ...