Wednesday, June 20, 2012

beauty

(from information hub of besties)


I read this the other night, and wanted to share it:

"Nothing in Heaven compares to the beauty of God, and nothing on Earth approaches the beauty of women.  For this reason, women have a unique role in revealing God to the world... 'God has a beauty to unveil, a beauty that is captivating and powerfully redemptive.' Like His, your beauty is powerful" (Jason Evert, Theology of Her Body)

I have not read his book.  I have to say, though, that I'm thinking I want to very much.  God is awesome, in that, one of my best friends is reading Captivating and has shared some of the passages from that book with me, and they, of course, mirror what I'm seeing elsewhere in my reading-study-quiet time.  You see, God does stuff like that when He wants you to pay attention.  Another friend messaged me saying that during her quiet time she is seeing some of the things I had been sharing.  So, it all comes full circle to show that nothing is an accident.  One day, maybe, I'll stop being surprised when this happens to me (like, daily, it seems).

Friends, we are beautiful, and captivating, and worth His love and affection.  When we feel down and out, we should be repeating over and over, until we believe it, that we are His daughters, children of God, and we are beautiful and worthy.

2 comments:

Why Yoga

 Take a deep breath in, purse your lips and slowly let it out… Yoga, by far, has been one of the most beneficial activities that I’ve added ...