Monday, July 9, 2012

not much...



It is definitely a bit cooler today- it only got up to the mid 80s... I'll take it. 

105 degrees is too hot for me. 

I try not to complain, though, knowing a good bit of American soldiers are marching, and protecting us in 120 degree heat- complete with boots, helmets, Kevlar vests, and weaponry...  I'm forever grateful for them and their sacrifices, and I pray for them often.

It has been one of those weeks that I've been unintentionally busy.  I may be developing that late onset ADD thing, because I'll walk into Katie's room to put away some clothes and suddenly I'm rearranging the whole closet.  I don't know why, either, she doesn't appreciate it and it never stays neat.  I actually grounded her from her closet last week.  Also, I am becoming really good at procrastination... like, too good... like it is suddenly 8 pm, so the day is over and I dodged that task!  Self diagnosis is a dangerous business, but when the shoe fits...

Anyway.  I'm writing without a lot to say.  I've been gearing up for starting home-school, registering kids for camps, facilitating sleep-overs, and researching service activities for the new co-op this year.  I'm trying out some new incentive charts and discipline/consequences, too.  I've decided that these able bodied children need to be more accountable, especially since two will be home with me next year for school.  It's going well.  I had to re-consult some parenting books, and all, but I'll keep everyone posted on how it's going.

Prayers for one of my best friends and her husband's family as their dear grandpa is very ill, gravely so, is probably going to Heaven tonight.  Godspeed and God bless.  And be with the family left on Earth because they will be so sad.

This is just a short check in because I'm trying to write more... and procrastination and late onset ADD need to be nipped in their respective buds... but there just isn't a lot of exciting things to tell.  Sometimes, though, that is very, very good.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Yoga

 Take a deep breath in, purse your lips and slowly let it out… Yoga, by far, has been one of the most beneficial activities that I’ve added ...