Sunday, July 29, 2012

It's a new week...

What!? A picture of all of us?! That, like, never happens!

Every day is a new day.  I know that God is good!  He pursues us relentlessly.  I'm learning about this in church-  Our Pastor (Zac) is teaching on Stories.  Every story in the Bible is tied together in God's plan- and we are all a part of His story.  As humans we keep messing it up, though, because we think our way is better, and that we want to be in charge (control issues... I have them). 

Faith, though, is trusting God to do His work through us, with us, in us... 

We just have to let Him in... and give Him (gulp) control.

 I know I can't do it (life, that is) alone... I know I struggle being in control, too... I like to be in control (even if I'm not all that great at it)...

kiddos at Kings Dominion

Parenting, for example, is waaaaaaaay hard... (I know I'm not shocking anyone here).  If we do it God's way, I'm thinking everything will work out better- instead, though, I am (daily- it seems) being reduced to a loud, screeching (it looks better than screaming) mess.  My children don't actually benefit from this, and I only feel momentarily in control... but really I'm an out of control mess.  So- I pray for a new day, a fresh start... and...  God is faithful!  Every day is a new start:)  Tomorrow I will be re-reading (again) the parts about sibling rivalry... got to get that under control...

Marriage, for another example, is waaaaaaaay hard.  (Really?!)  Both of us (husband and wife) struggle to be in control (and both of us need to be reading our Bible more).  Again, God knew what He was doing.  If we do it His way, I'm sure it would be better.  I know from experience it IS better.  It may be a working relationship, but if God is included in the covenant by both partners, it is worked for good (that's a promise, by the way).  His timing is perfect.

and, yes, red wine and chocolate is always beneficial- especially with GIRLFRIENDS :) you know who you are!

 So, it's all good stuff-  hard stuff, yes... trying sometimes, yes (well, definitely)... but good!!

Our summer continues with no structure (um, not really a good plan for us, but it's just how it is), too much heat (thank goodness for a/c and a swimming pool), not enough math (tomorrow. tomorrow. tomorrow.), a lot of reading (yes! the library is air-conditioned, too!), and way, way too many late nights.  There is also laughter, and smiles, and funny phrases, and scooters, and a trampoline, and Disney channel, and wii games, and nooks, and books, and loud voices... I can go on and on and on...

the inspiration for my blog title:)



and this little guy is just too cute... and I want him... please???? Isn't he sweet?!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Yoga

 Take a deep breath in, purse your lips and slowly let it out… Yoga, by far, has been one of the most beneficial activities that I’ve added ...