Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Thank God! Literally!

 Overheard today:  It's been a long time since I've been reduced to tears...

I said it, actually to one of the kid's doctors.  It's been a tough summer.  I know we're out of routine and all that goes along with that, but the irritability of all three children has been at an all time high around here.  Which makes me, well, teary...

I remember when we were first getting Tommy identified and we were so angry about the process, and the gaps in service and just not knowing... I remember watching my child tantrum and trying desperately to understand what this pre-school child needed... Well, it's kind of like that again, except he is 15, and he has words (a lot of words), and he has this reasoning that is very clear for him, and completely alien to me.  I remember being worried when he wouldn't talk.  Now I pray for moments of silence.  I'm talking about the day being over at 5:00 PM because I am done.  And he needs to be done.  Because I am way done.  And there are two more in the house.  And they have needs too. Oh, and don't forget the husband in the house (or at work), who also has needs (and I can't tell you how many meals I've botched (oh, I wish I could cook) this summer (at least 3)).  And I love them all so much that I feel like I'm inadequate, and falling- in slow motion...

Then I know...

This is where God meets us. 

When I am reduced to tears... and I just don't know...

God is there to catch me.  And it's all going to be OK.


1 comment:

  1. My sweet faithful friend, I wish I could give you a big hug. God is able, especially when we are hurting. I love you and know that you will make it through this period. I'm praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

Why Yoga

 Take a deep breath in, purse your lips and slowly let it out… Yoga, by far, has been one of the most beneficial activities that I’ve added ...