Saturday, March 5, 2011

where has the time gone...

My goodness, there is just so much I can be writing about (that I should be writing about just for practice sake).  I can't even think of where to begin, though, or what I've missed, or what I should edit, or what is even important any more... always when I sit down in front of my blank-post page this happens.  I guess the beginning is always good:

Well, my first memory was of... Just kidding...

The competition girls with their fearless leader

OK, so, lots of dancing this week for the girly-goos in my life.  The daughters are doing great and having fun, and working hard.  Katie is totally a bendy-pretzel-hard-acrobatic-ballet-and-tap-girl.  She truly is quite amazing and strong.  Daniellie learned Chinese character writing "for fun" this week.  Her competitions have started, so she is crazy dancing, too.


Crazy Katie doing her balance thing with a variety of friends


I'm in choreography mode, which is just way stressful for me (not a lot of experience with this).  I have, like 14 ballerinas in one class.  They are also between 4 and 6 years of age.  They also have some ADHD going on.  It's also taught at 5:40 for AN HOUR.  My other class has 12 ballerinas and they are 6-8 years old. It's a little better going in that class... but still, a lot of very opinionated little girls.  So, choreography = stress.  fun stress. but still stress.

baby groundhogs for Tommy

The Tomster has been very 13 this week.  Very, very 13.  Do I need to elaborate on this?  Thirteen and autism spectrum and ADD and ticky... and 13.  hmmmmm. I feel a new habit called wine coming on.  He has been kind of funny ("the beatitudes? Blessed be the meek? ohhh, does that mean blessed be the autistic?"), kind of random (google search list reveals: groundhogs, groundhog weapons, Harley-Davidson, Harley Davidson swords, Celtic antiques, Celtic language, Celtic traditions, heirlooms, and list of Sith and Jedi warriors), and serious ("who invented this stuff? Newton? Einstein? Couldn't they have made it easier?").  And.... yes, 13.

I've been praying a lot for a very sick cousin,my sister-in-law (Happy Birthday!), all of my best friends, all the friends and friend's kids who were ill this week, marriages, work, homeschooling, house, job searches, friends in pain, traveling relatives, clarity, and PEACE.

Wow... there really is just so much going on.  Not only in my own little world, but all over our great big world big changes are happening.  Change is very hard for some people, and at best, difficult for most people.  Not only do we need peace, we need patience!

So... eat something sweet, enjoy the sunshine, read a good book, breathe, try some yoga and pray.


yummy cake, by Danielle!


Keep the faith, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Yoga

 Take a deep breath in, purse your lips and slowly let it out… Yoga, by far, has been one of the most beneficial activities that I’ve added ...