Sunday, June 13, 2010

last week

dancing sisters from graphicsfairy
Oh my, oh my!!  Recital week is completed!  While I am thankful some of the craziness will die down, I have to say that I really do enjoy dancing.  I love to try new things, and I love even more that my girls seem to love both the performing, and the working sides of dance.  My youngest danced her little heart out, and had these amazing bursts of energy coming OFF the stage.  Danielle is just, well, amazing.  She is just a natural ballerina and tap dancer.  She has beautiful lines, and a heart for ballet.  Katie just likes to shake it and will continue with tap and begin jazz and acro; she isn't so interested in ballet.  I may try jazz, too.  I had way too much fun shaking it with the Lady Gaga song!

My week has been good.  I'm working through a few challenges (read: change,summer schedule,vacation plans), but overall the mental health seems to be stable (not crying to much, no panic :)). 

I'm praying for my Seattle family because I just love and miss them so much, and they are looking at houses to buy, and powering through some changes.   I'm praying for Eileen and family as they continue to mourn the loss of her mother.  It's such a bittersweet time.  They have just so much to still do, and tie up loose ends... it's a really hard season for them.  Pray!

Today is a pool party with our Love Dare Bible study group.  It is our finale, so to speak!  I think it'll be a fun afternoon.  It's like 104 degrees in the shade today, so the pool should be nice!  Plus, we didn't make it to church this  morning, so it will be nice to be with our church people.  I miss it when I don't make it to a church service.  I really enjoy the community of church.  It's grounding and centering.

This week we have friends from Texas!  So, tomorrow I'll start getting rooms ready, and floors cleaned, laundry done, bathrooms anti-bacterialized... you know, the list just goes on and on. I'm looking forward to their visit, though.  I've known Mike since I was born, literally, our moms had the same ob-gyn, and their twins were born the same day as Tommy.  It should be a good visit.  And now that recital week is done, I can focus on that and the rest of summer!


I'll post pictures soon!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Yoga

 Take a deep breath in, purse your lips and slowly let it out… Yoga, by far, has been one of the most beneficial activities that I’ve added ...