Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sunday Update...

from Graphicsfairy

Oh boy, it is already Sunday.  I'm looking forward to our last Love Dare study time... our group is having a finale in a few weeks... but this is the last class time.  After class it is time for church, which always inspires me, calms me, uplifts me, motivates me.  Church is just a wonderful way to commune with God.  I love to sing, too.  God did not bless me with a singing voice, but I am sure to lift what He gave me in song and praise at church!  And, it is not even embarrassing!

I was super sick Thursday and Friday this week.  The I-can't-walk-to-the-bathroom-from-my-bed-without-feeling-like-passing-out type of sick.  It was a bummer.  In a weird way, though, it was relatively peaceful to do nothing but rest.  The kids didn't like it, much, but thank the Lord I have an awesome friend that took them for Friday afternoon for some play.  Also it was good that Mark was out of town, so he wasn't really impacted by a wife laying around all day in not-attractive pajamas (my favorite PJs are his least favorite!).

Yesterday the kids went to spend the night with Nina and Papa, so I even had most of yesterday and this morning ALL TO MY SELF!  (Big Sigh...and another big sigh)  Silence is sooooooo sweet sometimes!  I feel a tiny bit guilty for not attacking some big project, like closet cleaning... but I'm still not feeling 100% , so I'm still just resting...

Maybe that is the theme for this post.  It is so important to rest.  If possible, it is so important to be alone.  Even Jesus went off alone to pray by himself, and he went out on a boat to be sad by himself.  These are examples...(Tommy says that all the time). Quiet and alone time are important.




from ShareFaith
Please continue to pray for the O'Brien family and friends.  She is thankfully home in hospice care.  Pray for peace and gentleness.  My Uncle could use some prayers as well... he really needs a job.  My Seattle family has some testing this week- so pray for them, too.  Clarity and wisdom. Lift all things to prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Yoga

 Take a deep breath in, purse your lips and slowly let it out… Yoga, by far, has been one of the most beneficial activities that I’ve added ...