Monday, May 17, 2010

May 9- 16


What a week... Actually... well, yeah... what a week!  PRAISE GOD for blessing me with all He has blessed me with, and for numbering my steps.  Things actually seemed to fall in place this week, where they were supposed to fall- or they landed, at least according to MY plans.  While being stressed and anxious on several occasions, most of the situations led to other opportunities for good talks, better decision making, being in the right place at the right time... etc.  So.  Stressful, but productive.

Katie's MRI is normal.  No pressure on the optic nerves, no abnormal structures.  The eye doctor noted some peculiarities about her nystagmis and amblyopia (those are my SAT words for the week), but at this point we are just going to  (are you ready?) "keep an eye on things"... (HA!)  She seems to be doing well.  I am so glad we are almost done with school, though.  She just needs to run. Continuously.


Tommy is having a week.  That is about all I can say that is nice.  He has been anxious and defiant, and defiant and anxious.  Which is coming first, the chicken or the egg?  It is SO hard to tell.  He seems very happy right now, but twelve hours ago I was about to banish him to his room for the next three days.  It wouldn't have done any good, but I would have felt better, and he would have been safe.   Alas, that is just not going to work, and now he is being my sweet, funny boy.  Maybe we were all tired and crabby last night.

Danielle danced yesterday and her team scored a first place gold medal. YEA!  She did really well, and the routine looked very crisp.  She was a bit emotional after; and that is just so typically me, though, so I can relate.  Calm during the excitement, fall apart later.  She is totally vegging out this morning, and I'm letting her.  My sweet, sweet girl: 9 years old, going on 16.  She is so generous and responsible.  She needs a break this morning! Watch a movie, girl!


I ran my first ever mud-run on Friday.  VERY fun!  I had to totally step out of my comfort zone.  I had to run (first of all... I want to be a runner, but I am a dancer) for three miles!  The three miles consisted of: interstate, trail, river rock, mud, and the James River.  Yes, I jumped in the James River (Mark did it twice with his crazy helicopter pilot friend).  We finished the race though, together.  It was way fun, I have to say I'm a bit proud of myself.  Now, I'm hoping that my scraped up knee doesn't get some off-the-wall, wierd infection from being in the funk James River.  I showered, loofahed, scruncheed, soaped and rinsed with VERY hot water several times....


I continue to pray for Mrs. O'Brien and her family.  Lung cancer is, unfortunately, big, and endings are sad.  I'm praying for my Seattle family.  Peace and Wisdom!  I'm praying for my Uncle.  He needs a job. I thank God for all of my answered prayers!  THANK YOU!!!!! 

Isaiah 40: 28- 29
"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth.  He will not grow tired or weary, and His understanding no one can fathom.  He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Yoga

 Take a deep breath in, purse your lips and slowly let it out… Yoga, by far, has been one of the most beneficial activities that I’ve added ...