Sunday, March 14, 2010

antsy


I'm having one of those days where I feel antsy. I want to get out of the house, but it is pouring. I want to go shopping, but we are trying to save money. I want to exercise, but my body is just not too willing. I'm thinking of doing all those things I just never have time to do... but, well... I guess I really don't want to do those either - because today would be a good day for getting those things done (cleaning closets, sorting clothes, ridding the house of old plastic containers), but I just can't get motivated. I'm just too... antsy.

I am doing the laundry. Again. I have the privilege of raising a child who is still a bed-wetter. It's been one of those weeks that the good-nights just don't seem to keep everything dry. I know it's a weird thing to write about, but it is a frustrating part of my reality. The reality is that I also have to borrow my parent's steam-cleaner (again) because I let said child sleep in the den last night... and, well, this morning everything was damp. I put down some carpet deodorizer, when my youngest came around the corner, then paused, then while eyeing the carpet with wide eyes, exclaimed, " The magic snow! It's back! Santa must be here!"

Oh my. We used the carpet deodorizer to be magic snow this Christmas.

Explanation: "Yesssss... isn't that interesting? It just looks the same. It's just carpet cleaner, Honey. The magic snow is a little different." Danielle just rolled her eyes. Tommy started flapping. Katie starred at my with her mouth open, eyebrows lifted, eyes still wide.

Yep. Super-mom again! Yep. Being facetious. Sarcasm in my voice.

So... another rainy day. I think we might escape to the book store, or something, just to get out of the house. We've already been to the library this week, or we would go there, instead (less tempting to buy something). We have to go to the pet store, too, to get filters for the turtle habitat. By the way, if you ever consider buying a turtle, you should know they live for forty years, and you can't cuddle them. They don't like to be cuddled (did you know that turtles actually hiss?), and you can get scary salmonella from their shells, or something. We never have (gotten Salmonella), but we don't cuddle our turtles, either.

It should be a good week. Plus, today is Sunday which is church day, and that always makes me feel good. The lesson last week was about sacraments. I'm not sure what this week is about because I didn't look ahead, but it is always good. I always feel better after church. And, we have an awesome band! I pray for peace for us all, today.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Yoga

 Take a deep breath in, purse your lips and slowly let it out… Yoga, by far, has been one of the most beneficial activities that I’ve added ...