Monday, March 22, 2010


(a beaver dam... spotted on our hike... very muddy)

Well... All in all, it was a good week last week. The weather was fantastic. The sun shined Tuesday through Sunday, and we were outside for a part of every day! This means we totally increased our Vitamin D absorption rates, and increased our serotonin levels. I am actually surprised that I have become so SAD (seasonal affective disorder) sensitive! I have long suspected my husband of the SAD phenomenon, and now I have to claim that I am affected as well.

(cherry blossoms!)

Due to the increased daylight hours, and the sun shining all week, not a lot was accomplished educationally- speaking. The week was probably abbreviated greatly in regards to reading, writing and arithmetic. Science and social study endeavours, however, were pursued: We visited our good friends that live on a farm. The kids chased goats, fed a horse, went on a groundhog hunt, and examined chickens and their eggs. We played in the shadow of the great Marine Corps (not Marine Corpse, as my daughter said) museum. We walked and observed the spring changes in our neighborhood. We even went letterboxing at a local state park. It is hard to imagine that a month ago we were buried in snow!



(my husband and son thought this hilarious... obvious beaver activity... they pretended to chomp-chomp on thee tree stump)


Yesterday, my husband and I started The Love Dare bible study at our church. I'm really excited about this! We have made a forty day commitment to each other and the study of God's word. I can't even put to words how great I feel about this! Today's dare is about being patient with each other, and NO negative words. So far, so good. I'll be praying for guidance, and patience throughout this whole journey. Like most couples with children (and probably even those without kids) we are struggling with being over-committed... too many activities... too many places to be... too many things to do. We, as a couple, have taken a backseat to - well, to stuff. So, we are trying to make time for us. No easy feat!


Happy Spring!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Yoga

 Take a deep breath in, purse your lips and slowly let it out… Yoga, by far, has been one of the most beneficial activities that I’ve added ...