Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

It was a good one, as far as Valentine's Days go. I used to dislike this holiday and dread it. I was never that girl that had a boy friend, or got love notes, or got flowers sent to her. Nope, I was the girl who wore black on Valentine's Day in protest of boy friends, love notes, and flowers. It was actually pretty miserable, as I remember it. I guess I'm remembering high school, though, and not the fun days of elementary school and candy... lots of candy. I'm better, now.


Now, Valentine's Day is a day to relax. Naps are actually the best gift ever! I get flowers (usually drawn on scraps of paper). I get love notes (from my 3 kids, and occasionally my husband). I have a boy friend (2, actually: my husband and my son). I get candy (and chocolate, and brownies, and tonight I even had a margarita). I even wear red instead of black. It is all good, better.

Today's holiday was especially sweet because we were all together. The husband was home after a week of 24 hour rotating shifts, being stuck up in the throws of snowmaggedon. We went out to eat all together (yea! Mexican food... love those warm corn chips!) After eating out, we went to church. The songs were good, and the message was about love, and the promises we have in Christ. The promises God made us. We are living in an imperfect world, and there are a lot of catastrophes. There is hurt and pain. God will work toward good, though, for all those who honor and believe in Him. It's a promise!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Valentines Day!! I *heart* Mexican food too! Glad you had a great day and got to spend it all together with your family!

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Why Yoga

 Take a deep breath in, purse your lips and slowly let it out… Yoga, by far, has been one of the most beneficial activities that I’ve added ...