Saturday, February 6, 2010

Again? Seriously?!

This is what it looks like tonight out my front door. Tired of snow pictures?


Again, I am blessed with forced seclusion as the roads are impassable, and it JUST stopped snowing. Again. We have like, 23-25 inches on the back deck (again), and the snow is piled up on the driveway, the sidewalk, and my trees and bushes. A few (big) branches have fallen off the pine trees in the back yard, and I think the bushes out front may be permanently deformed. I am, however, safe at home. I have heat and electricity. I have milk and toilet paper. All is good.


(you can see the branches on the ground)


(the snow covers our air unit)


I learned this afternoon NOT to attempt to make bread (even in a bread machine) without appropriately dated bakers yeast. It does not work. Honestly, it is comical the way food turns out when I am thrown into the mix!


It has been a busy week. School went well but the kids are a little put out. They don't like having to do school when they know the county has cancelled public school. Even when I point out that they have less days in school, and less hours, it doesn't seem to help. I guess that is what you would call character training. Hopefully, it will all pay off. I keep on praying about it... that it all works out well.

We've had a few precious moments this week. I allowed my 12 year old to stay home by himself one night for a few hours. He assured me he wouldn't answer the door, plus, " I have ninja skills, mom!" My middle, sweet daughter made strides toward forging a friendship with a girl she has admired and looked up to for some time. She invited the child over, they played and talked. Danielle hurts so much for her best friend that lives over 3000 miles away (much like me), so I realize how hard it must be to reach out again. So, this was a really good thing. Katie has just been a love bug, and a snuggle bug. She always has been cuddly, and funny. She makes us all laugh. She has been so sweet this week (especially, so).


I'm praying for my husband. Once again, in the midst of severe weather, and crisis-level staffing in the county, he has risen to the occasion, and reported for duty. Power is out all over NoVa, the roads are terrible, but he's out serving the public. WE love you, Mark!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Yoga

 Take a deep breath in, purse your lips and slowly let it out… Yoga, by far, has been one of the most beneficial activities that I’ve added ...