Friday, November 27, 2009

The PoohBearious


I love the husband.... I will always and forever be cognizant of this
man's entire presence in my life. It hasn't been an easy marriage, but things
worthwhile (our relationship, our commitment) usually never are (easy, that is).

There have been ups and downs (I know that sounds like a cliche); there has been hurt and joy. We are not unloved, though. We have been blessed beyond imagination. While we both have experienced difficult personal conflicts, the support we receive from one another has sustained us through our less-than-perfect moments. We have balance that way, I think. And I know God is orchestrating movements in our universe that are beyond our comprehension.

Ours is a high energy, stressful life-style. 24 hour shifts, school, and family activities contribute to a very busy, fairly scheduled existence. Because of promotions, family pressures, and career commitments we have to make choices that aren't always pleasant (but they aren't always UNpleasant, either). We have many, many challenges to navigate in regards to raising our children (they are just all so different!). We have lots of stuff to decide day, after day, after day...(it really never stops!).

We have had some romance, and a lot of passion, too. If anything, we are passionate- not always on the same page, but always passionate.

Mark is incredibly driven, and always very motivated. He throws himself into his projects with amazing effort and focus... Which is interesting... We don't always see eye to eye on which projects should get priority. But Mark always gets the job done. Failure is not an option!


I'm writing this because I miss him. I'm with my sweet, wise G-ma, taking advantage of the limited time I have left with her on planet Earth, and he is working so very hard so I can do these things, like visiting with her, and exposing our children to her amazing love and wisdom. And I'm actually very thankful for him. Just as I need to remind myself (frequently) that God chose me as a mother for my children; I need to acknowledge that He chose me to be Mark's wife. It is an amazing privilege.


God says in Jeremiah, "I know the plans I have for you!"


I need to trust and have joy in His words... I may not understand the plans (or methods, or reasons)... But I know they exist in His glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Yoga

 Take a deep breath in, purse your lips and slowly let it out… Yoga, by far, has been one of the most beneficial activities that I’ve added ...