Friday, July 28, 2023

Friday Musings



It’s been a long couple of weeks.


Living with chronic pain just really sucks sometimes, especially as I’m waiting for the relief of a steroid injection in my back. I always though I’d be too scared to resort to such things, but nerve pain is no joke. I got said shot on Monday, and have been improving since. Praise God!




Living with special needs kids is also no joke. Mothering is life, and life is not for the weak. I feel like our house has become a psych/rehab facility and I am caught between the space of being glad we can provide this for our child, and just wanting it to be …later. Over. When everything is right again. When the frontal lobe starts firing, and said child is ready to move out. It isn’t this week, that’s for sure.


I am feeling like I’m living in a combat zone, never knowing what around the next 5 minutes. Will there be a meltdown? Will there be more surprises about jobs, future living situations, boyfriends? The oldest wigs and flees the table when I make broccoli, and it’s on the menu for tonight; I have to prepare for that situation. Also, I’m tired of being the Uber for these kids (young adults) and ferrying them around to jobs, appointments, etc. Also: the grocery bill. My kids go through a bag of grapes in two days, and they are so expensive! It’s stressful trying to feed my family healthy stuff!!





I am weary. I know I’m not alone and what is happening at our house is not unique. It just feels that way.


Just breathe. And pray. 


AND… God. Always, God. Forever and ever, even till the end of time, He will be with us always. 

hang onto that:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Yoga

 Take a deep breath in, purse your lips and slowly let it out… Yoga, by far, has been one of the most beneficial activities that I’ve added ...