Thursday, July 20, 2023

Just Write






I always seem to blog when I’m at some kind of crossroads in my life. The truth is, though, that they’re happening daily- decisions, different patch’s to take, next steps, etc.

For me, I truly believe that time is elastic. The front end of my life seemed to be dragging on and on. I was always wishing for the next thing. You know the deal: If only I was done with high-school… If only nursing school was finished… I can’t wait to be married… have children… finish the damn bachelor’s degree.

 Now, as all those things have come to pass, life is going Way. Too. Fast. The oldest daughter is getting married, which is way happy, and I love my soon-to-be son-in-law. The oldest child, the man-child is in the que for housing, and we are waiting on that. This is huge, by the way, as finding affordable housing for an adult with autism is so hard; group housing is not the right fit for him, and he still needs support. The youngest daughter, always that child, is a work in progress. And it’s OK- we’ll get there.

And what about me? Well, exactly my point, here. What is next? The husband and I are now rooted firmly where we are for another 9.5 years, as he’s taken a second job (that he loves, that is awesome, that was prayed for and accepted with a lot of gratitude and praise). I’m back in the nursing profession- andd let me say that not much has changed in that arena, what with staffing issues, long shifts, etc. But- I really do like where I work! So, what’s next?

Looking for where to retire is daunting, yet fun. Looking to make sure the kids are all settled is exhausting, but it’s ok. Our biggest worry right now is launching the baby in spite of all of her issues and quirks. 

And yet, I still have not written that book. The one I’ve always had a concept for, the one I’ve always dreamed about, the grand idea of being published. 

But who has time for that??

I think I know the answer is that: I do. Anxieties and worry, though, paralyze me lately. 

However, I know I also need to just write.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Yoga

 Take a deep breath in, purse your lips and slowly let it out… Yoga, by far, has been one of the most beneficial activities that I’ve added ...