Wednesday, August 2, 2023

This Is How It Ends




Who else feels like we are in the midst of the Apocalypse (capital A)? I’m starting to wonder, myself.  It’s like that meme with guy looking out with big eyes, and the caption reads something like. “Me wondering what chapter of Revelation are we on today?”

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm


I asked my father who was born at the close of World War Two, who lived through Vietnam, The oil crisis of the 70s, the Bay of Pigs, the Cold War, the two Gulf Wars, and several banking crisis’ what he thought of the right now. Is it worse than now than it was back then? He answered with a resounding YES. My daddy is very wise, so I listen when he has opinions.


He also said that we are still living in the greatest country in the world, not to lose sight of that.


I agree.





Regardless of how I feel about the dumpster fire that started with the manufactured virus, all the lies, the election integrity issues, the current state of our government- I find that for better or worse, I am in the right now. I have to find peace with the right now, especially because so little of the world is peaceful. While exuding peace seems next to impossible sometimes (a lot of times), the reality is that it is what it is. Living angry and anxious all the time isn’t good for my health- or yours- or anyones’!

I am so very anxious about how the world is (again) right now, how our country is right now. I know it’s wrong to complain if I don’t have a solution, but I don’t have one. I vote, I write my congress people, I try to be kind and helpful. I pray. I take care of those closest to me. Yet, the country and world that I love seem to be slipping away. Everyone is so angry, and confused, and it feels like we’ve forgotten how to talk with each other about differing thoughts and opinions without blowing up!

And, as I write (why I write), maybe that’s it. The world is supposed to slip away. We are, after all, aliens in a foreign land. God is sovereign. We are not meant to be here very long. And, as always, God is not surprised by any of this, even though I am still shocked every day by something.


 



Perhaps the whole point is to just do what you can do? Be kind. Take care of you and yours. Work hard to be peaceful, to be a light. Be involved. Answer hate with love. It may sound corney or naive, but it’s something, right?


So, as dismayed as anyone feels, lets bear up with one another, and forward on.


Peace Be With You.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Yoga

 Take a deep breath in, purse your lips and slowly let it out… Yoga, by far, has been one of the most beneficial activities that I’ve added ...