Tuesday, December 11, 2012

It's Christmas time!

 Old World Christmas Baby Jesus and Mary



I totally was so excited for my new working endeavor, until it became clear that it was not working out for me or my family. 

It started great, I really felt like it was what I was supposed to do, the people were nice.  I like the work, too.  So much better than the hospital.  I got to actually talk to my patients, and we all know how much I love to talk.  The thing is, I thought I'd be working a typical 8-5 schedule, come home and spend time with the family... and it would be an adjustment, I knew, but that it would also be good for us...

Not so much.

Then I started to realize all the nurses were quiting or getting fired.  Then I became the only RN for a fifty mile radius of the office.  Then I got a patient who didn't like me at all and told me to leave, which made me cry, even though I know it wasn't about me.  Then I started to orient a new nurse.  She had been at the company before, a few years ago, but things have changed a bit, and we do everything on a computer tablet... but still.... I was still the new nurse.

I was working 8 ish, until, well, 8 ish, and then I was coming home to chart until 10 or 11 at night. I was coming home and telling my children to go to bed.  I was having no energy for my husband.  The same husband who's love language is physical touch.  No energy.  So, as always, I pray for clarity.  Well, the clarity came: ...said husband said "I do not want you to work this job anymore!"

Got it. and agreed.

So... I gave my two weeks, and I had two days left this week... I did not want to go.  I said I didn't want to go.  Especially after Friday, which was a long, bad day.  So, I'm thinking maybe you can guess what happened?

wait for it....

 yep.  sick. possibly the flu. so not cool. I'm sure it's the flu.

So, there... I got what I wished for... there is no way I can take care of sick patients when I'm sick.  Sick, like, can't stand up straight sick.  Sick, like, can't lay down flat sick. bleh!

I will be trying to do some laundry, I guess (apparently no one can start laundry except me), and start meal planning again (no one else throws dinner together either, apparently). Thank goodness Christmas is up... I think the children would put up Christmas... but it wouldn't look like I want it to look, and all the ornaments would be in one place on the tree, and the outside stuff would be inside... you get the point, right?


It's funny how things work out, though.  It's just another reminder that God has perfect timing. And a sense of humor. And... God is God, and I am not.  So, I pray for God's blessings on all of us, and for all of us to trust in His perfection:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Yoga

 Take a deep breath in, purse your lips and slowly let it out… Yoga, by far, has been one of the most beneficial activities that I’ve added ...