Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thanksgiving week 2012

Love the Lord your God, with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind...

The greatest commandment.


I would do well to remember this always, but alas, I am merely a human, and I mess up.  The good part is that He still loves me, and wants me, and that makes me secure.  It's true.  Life is just a little more bearable when you have a relationship with the Trinity (all three of them in all one of them because they all help you out).

I am crazy busy with my new job... and it's hard to be the new guy (girl).  There is a ton of information, and new rules, and new people.  Most of the patients have been great, but there was one that made me cry- she was a bit angry (not at me) and hateful (at me, but not because of me)-

So, the second part of the greatest commandment is to love others as you would like to be loved...

So, again, I failed on that day, not because of how I acted (I kept it professional, and I don't think I could be mean to a little old sick person, even if I tried) but because of the thoughts I had.... I prayed for her, though, and then me, and then her family, and then me again... lots of prayers...

Anyway.

In the spirit of THANKSGIVING...



I am so very thankful for a chance to work again.   I'm thankful for my besties. I'm thankful for the besties that live too far away from me. I'm thankful for the family I get to choose :) I'm thankful for my family. I'm thankful for forgiveness and for love.

I'm thankful for endless chances of mercy and grace.

I'm thankful for life.  It's all pretty good, really.  Even when a patient kicks me out of their house...(chuckle, giggle, smile).

1 comment:

  1. Life is full of surprise, so love it. I enjoyed reading this post and wish you all luck for reentering into your professional life :) Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete

Why Yoga

 Take a deep breath in, purse your lips and slowly let it out… Yoga, by far, has been one of the most beneficial activities that I’ve added ...