Saturday, January 21, 2012

grey day gift

OK- It's my crazy work weekend and I'm trying to get back to bed on this cold, cloudy Saturday.  My excuse, of course, is that I work until Midnight, so I'm entitled to a nap... sounds reasonable, right?

I think so. I'm not sure the kids will agree...

by Ray Byrne

God has given me a day, though, that I won't feel guilty for making us all stay in our pajamas. 

It really is cold. 

It "snowed" (flurries, a dusting, nothing to sled in or play in) last night and it is either frozen (ice, literally) or slushy... so there is no real need to send the children out to enjoy nature.

The sun isn't even shining.

I know this may sound weird... but it's a gift.

Because if it was a sunny, nice day- I'd feel guilty about my impending nap/pajama day.



I'm going to enforce nap and pajama day on myself and the children.

Sometimes gifts don't look shiny or beautiful...

Sometimes gifts don't come wrapped up in pretty, neat packages...

but...

that gift may be needed and practical and SO appreciated...

because, lets face it:  pajamas are comfy...

and cloudy, cold days are sometimes the gift we need-

to just rest.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Yoga

 Take a deep breath in, purse your lips and slowly let it out… Yoga, by far, has been one of the most beneficial activities that I’ve added ...