Thursday, December 15, 2011

with grace...



I will admit it:  I have had a really hard three weeks.  I've had some tremendous ups and I've had some pretty impressive downs.  It has been an emotional couple (OK, three) (of) weeks.  There has been a tremendous amount of loss at our house, and within the family each of us is dealing with some pretty major changes.

It's been hard.

Without smearing any one's name or reputation, I've had to learn that not everyone who acts like a friend is one, and I've had the incredible experience of learning that some of my friends are very loving and fiercely loyal.  I can only hope that I would behave with such grace and courage as these ladies have.  And, I thank God for these ladies (you know who you are) every night when I say my prayers:)

See?  With every storm comes a cloud with a silver lining, and some days there are beautiful rainbows.  Even in sad times there is purpose in everything and God is good and faithful and loyal.

I've been praying for purity in my heart, in my language, in my actions, and in my decisions.  Jesus forgives everyone their sins, if they only ask...  So,  I also forgive (every day, usually at the end of the day) people who mean harm.  It's not easy, but it's right.  And, actually, it isn't too bad... I just hand all that over to God and let Him handle it.  I only pray that I behave like He would want me to... hence, the purity...  (c'mon, we can all use it!)

So... I've been saying this all along... change isn't easy.

But, sometimes, it's time.

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully written! :) I love you, my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are awesome, my friend! One of those fierce ladies is you:)

      Delete

Why Yoga

 Take a deep breath in, purse your lips and slowly let it out… Yoga, by far, has been one of the most beneficial activities that I’ve added ...