Wednesday, December 21, 2011

thought so



I'm still hanging in there!!!

One of the most important lessons I think I've learned this year is that I can not be responsible for other people's feelings... I have to live authentically and honestly, and if that offends someone, it isn't my fault.

Yes, I've had a few years of therapy to help me with all this...well... all this guilt about things not being happy and harmonious all the time.

Yes, I need constant reminders that I'm not in charge of making everything happy and harmonious all the time.

And, Yes... I have a hard time remembering this lesson, even though it is so important.

This has to do with the whole:  "Be still and know that I am God"... and the whole: "God is God and I am not" ( thank goodness, and thank you, Father, Son and Holy Spirit) THING!

Which means, my friends, that I (and you) don't need to feel guilty when I (and you) can't make things happy and harmonious all the time!  Whew... that's a relief, don't you think?

I thought so.

Now, remember this, and repeat after me:  God is in charge, and He knows what He is doing!

After all... He sent us a baby, He sent us Himself, so we could be saved.  His love saves us all.


 Have a good day tomorrow! You are loved (and not in charge, so relax a little).

1 comment:

Why Yoga

 Take a deep breath in, purse your lips and slowly let it out… Yoga, by far, has been one of the most beneficial activities that I’ve added ...