Wednesday, November 9, 2011

November news

November news is actually kind of boring... there is not too much going on.  We are totally in holding patterns, all around. 


The girls and I are dancing and/or rehearsing for the Nutcracker Twisted! It is totally fun, but this time of year we are at the dance studio EVERY day (I'm not saying it like it's a bad thing... it's just the truth!).  So, my laundry piles are filled with tights and leotards and cover ups, and there is more of it, because everyone is changing clothes a couple of times a day!

Tom-Tom is getting better with his routine.  We are living in oppositional defiance lately, and it is getting so old.  I keep praying for wisdom, here, I mean, I used to be a teenager, too.  I think, though, that throwing autism in the mix is what sends us all over the edge of sanity... testosterone, alone, is an issue when one is 14.  Add no filters and an inability to make the right choice (and two sisters, and a mother, and a father...you get the picture), and an extremely brilliant way of thinking... sigh.... it's just a challenging time.  So I keep praying.

Danielle is just crazy- busy, working super hard.  She is certainly a sweet, loving child.  She's a bit competitive, and very motherly, and a tad bossy... and that makes her just amazing. 

Katie-Cat is crazy- busy, too, and working super hard as well.  Dealing with situational overload is what makes her a challenge.  She experiences extreme anxiety with no warning.  It's overwhelming at times, because she is fine, and then in an instant she is so NOT fine, that it's scary.  She is getting better but it is a process we have to work on, like, every day.

Mark ran the PRIMAL RUN last weekend and finished in THIRD place OVERALL!!!  Crazy man... I'm so proud!

That's it for the updates, mostly. 

I'm working every other weekend, now, and that is going well.  The Saturday shift is a killer because it is 9 hours long (and that is really long, actually, when you're talking mostly).  I like it, though, and it's from home which is such a blessing!  It does cut into some of the freedom I had on the weekends, especially, but I'll take it.  Again, it's a blessing!

Praying, always, for marriages.  They are so hard (even in the best of circumstances).  I pray for patience, to wait things out when necessary.  I pray for wisdom to make good choices.  I pray for a spirit of understanding and compassion, because it's never about just one person, anymore, everything is 50/50, and perspective is a hard subject to master, if that is even possible at all.



Praying also for all those that don't have the benefit of FAITH.  I think I take it for granted that I just believe, and worship.  So many people struggle with just letting go and letting GOD.  Some of my most favorite important people are right here, struggling to just believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Yoga

 Take a deep breath in, purse your lips and slowly let it out… Yoga, by far, has been one of the most beneficial activities that I’ve added ...