Saturday, April 16, 2011

small potatoes

I am up... it is late and I'm waiting for Servpro to come vacuum out my basement which is full of water.  Imagine a rain on concrete smell times ten, and that is what the basement smells like.  I discovered our water leak very early (lucky), I turned off the water to the house (again, lucky), but it has taken about five hours from the first call to the insurance company till now (around 1140pm) to get someone out here to clean out the water. I started to try and do it myself, but it just made a big mess bigger.  I thought of getting a wet/dry vac from someone, but water is very heavy and I know I could not have hauled a full vacuum up the stairs.  My husband offered to come home from work- I said no, I could handle it (regretting that statement).  So no water heater or running water until Monday.

But....  It could be worse.

I could have been out of town, and water could still be spewing out of my very broken water heater.
I could not have insurance.
I could not have money, or a job, or friends (who love me and are loaning me their facilities), or a husband.
I could not have a house. Period.
I could be living in a third world country and not even know the luxury of running water and indoor plumbing.
I could be living in tsunami/earthquake areas that have known this luxury and are now without it.

I could not possibly even know that in the grand scheme of things this is a small event...
it's probably not even really that important...

Because I am blessed.  I am loved.  And I am saved.

... and I had a great day with my new 14 year old and my super cute girls and we got to be fashion models for the day...

Yep- it was cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Yoga

 Take a deep breath in, purse your lips and slowly let it out… Yoga, by far, has been one of the most beneficial activities that I’ve added ...