Friday, July 16, 2010

Just a girl, in her world...

In closing out this week in hot, humid July, I have to say it's been good to be busy, and great to have friends nearby to help occupy our time.  The kids and I had a really good and over due visit with one of my best friends of all time this week:  Her oldest is only about 18 months older than my oldest.  He is going to high school this fall, and his voice has changed, and he's tall... he even tries new food at dinner.  I remember him only eating like 3 items when he was young... It is so weird how everyone grows up and it seems like yesterday I was able to carry them in my arms.  Tomorrow will be graduation, and next week will be the wedding, it seems, at the pace life is flying by.

It hasn't been the best week, but it hasn't been the worst week either.  We've had some good hang-out-with-friends, and some good play-out-side, and some good go-to-appointments.  So, there you go, and there you are.  And it's all still moving forward, I guess.  I think I've already posted that I've injured my neck (actually, Tommy and Mark landed on my head in the pool on the 4th), so I've discovered physical therapy.  I've also discovered not being able to whip my head around quickly to see "who did it", or "what was that?".  I'm trying to keep the kids in the dark about my disability because they can really take advantage of it, right?  I hope not, but I'm just saying... Mom isn't as fast as she usually is...

Emotionally, it has been challenging this week as well, just trying to pinpoint some improvements in the communication department between the man, and me.  I'm not arrogant enough to think that none of it is my fault, but it is hard to have to admit that you have to work on yourself (you being me, of course).  Cinderella, after all, was (the best, but) just a fairy tale.  Castles and pumpkins are great and all... at the end of the day, though, knowing you're still in love and wanting things to go well and work out takes work.  I know we are meant to work.  Work, though, well... it's work!

We are still on va-ca from home school for a while, and loving our non-schedule.  I definitely sense the lack of predictable routine wearing us down a tad... but just a tad... and it's still all good.  Sleeping in, especially.  I miss being at the dance studio, too.  The kids and I are getting in some much needed visit time, though.  And it is nice not having to rush around.

I'll be praying this week for all of the marriages that I know of.  I'll be praying for safe travels for all the traveling I'm aware of, too.  And for all of us humans that are a bit "under the weather" (physically and/or emotionally), I'll be praying for us as well!

The compass is inspiration for going in the right direction!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kristen!
    I've been WAY out of the blogging loop for quite awhile, but had a few minutes so thought I'd drop in. Miss you girl.

    HUGS to you and the family. Praying that God will making your "work" easy and sweeter than ever!

    Much love to you!

    ReplyDelete

Why Yoga

 Take a deep breath in, purse your lips and slowly let it out… Yoga, by far, has been one of the most beneficial activities that I’ve added ...